Resources (San Jose):
GreenTeam of San Jose is constantly adding helpful local links and resources to help us all lower our impact on the community via more efficient lifestyle and waste management practices.
We encourage you to click on the links below to learn more about how you can join us in preserving our local and global environment.
Recycling and Other Environmental Associations
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition (SVTC) is a nonprofit organization that works to document and expose the hazards of various industries, including the high-tech industry. Their goal is to shift to a sustainable, non-polluting economy.
- The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving our oceans and beaches from pollution and protecting them from unsound development.
- Looking to buy recycled paper? The Guide to Purchasing & Using Recycled Content Paper offers good information on copy, laser, bond paper, envelopes, and a list of national distributors of recycled paper products.
- Kids can submit creative work to the Environmental Defense Fund and take part in the green movement.
- More Information on glass containers and glass packaging is contained under "Recycling Issues" and the "Info Desk" on the website of the Glass Packaging Institute.
- Environmental Protection Agency is Uncle Sam's helpful website with downloadable software and access to data on recycling and other topics.
- Everyone should visit the NOAA - Sanctuaries and Reserves Division's website. This agency is concerned with protecting our ocean and water resources.
- Environmental News Network with news, calendar and feature articles.
- E-Waste Recycling site shows how e-waste recycling protects the environment and creates new jobs in California.
- Computer Recycling Center promotes the highest and best re-use of computer and electronic equipment.
- America Recycles Day (ARD) is the only nationally recognized day dedicated to encouraging Americans to recycle and buy recycled products. ARD is celebrated November 15.
- Silicon Valley Leadership addresses major public policy issues affecting the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley.
For any inquiries on community outreach events and presentations, please contact our Outreach Department at